Gather with other writers the first Thursday of every month to share resources, wisdom, experiences, and writer-to-writer support! This month, we're delighted to welcome guest speaker Elizabeth Stark. We'll start with our usual check-in and then Elizabeth will facilitate the rest of the hour.
At our monthly Writers' Circle, you'll learn from Hivery writers including:
- Mary Allison Tierney, co-founder of Write On Mamas;
- Tarja Parssinen, 2016 Director of Listen to Your Mother;
- Meghen Kurtzig, former board member of Write On Mamas and co-producer for Listen to Your Mother SF 2015;
- Melissa Cistaro, author of PIECES OF MY MOTHER;
- Heather Young, author of THE LOST GIRLS, forthcoming from HarperCollins/William Morrow;
- Thais Derich, forthcoming memoir in May 2017 with She Writes Press titled Second Chance. The Hivery's very own Community Manager, and 2014 Listen to Your Mother cast member.
ELIZABETH STARK is the host of Story Makers Podcast (StoryMakersShow.com), author of the novel Shy Girl (FSG, Seal Press) and co-director and co-writer of several films, including FtF: Female to Femme, a creative documentary, and Little Mutinies, a short (both distributed by Frameline). She earned an M.F.A. from Columbia University in Creative Writing. Currently the lead coach and teacher at the Book Writing World (BookWritingWorld.com), she’s taught writing and literature at UCSC, Pratt Institute, the Peralta Colleges, HWS Colleges and in 2010, she was the Distinguished Fiction Writer at St. Mary’s College in Orinda.